Thursday, August 10, 2017

SIGNAL SCREENING VISIT - Visit one and beyond

This is Terry Hayes the Iowa study coordinator.
The EKG Test (Electrocardiogram) is done the first thing during the screening visit, that is why I am showing it first. It is the probably the most invasive thing they do, and I mistakenly wore a sundress that pulled over my head (because it was so hot outside and in)! What you wear does make a difference, and I came to subsequent appointments wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and a front clasping bra. Also during the first visit, I underwent many other types of tests and scans, mostly for the brain (PET scan, MRI, and many tests of the blood that they do each month. They also weigh me each time so they can adjust the amount of infusion as needed.

One important fact remains: there is no rushing in research, and we spent most of the summer waiting to hear about my admission into the study! It really took weeks from the screening visit to actually schedule a first appointment. 

After I started the study, there would be monthly visits for a year and a half, where I would receive monthly infusions of the study drug (or placebo). The infusion is in the arm, and takes about an hour and twenty minutes each. They also monitor your blood pressure and pulse several times during the infusion. At the completion of the infusion, they take a vial of blood out of the opposite arm, just to make sure nothing is going wrong.  Last week, I had the fifth visit, and things are going very well. We will  never know whether I am on the placebo or study drug, but I am feeling pretty good!

Besides having scans and infusions, there are also a variety of brain tests that I carry out each time, including the type of test that have become familiar through the PREDICT HD study that we did, and some new kinds of mechanical assessments that detect motions in the hands or feet. I have met a couple of other study participants there, and they feel that they feeling an improvement in their reactions to things.
This is me getting the monthly infusion in my right arm.


1 comment:

  1. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man herbalist Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after  three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was  negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from  HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come'  out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whatsApp him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MALARIA , BACTERIA DIARRJHEA, MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA, KIDNEY DISEASE,, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, OSTEOPOROSIS, RABIESRHEUMATISM, THYROID, GALLSTONE, COLD & FLU, HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE, CIRRHOSIS, DENGUE FEVER, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION. etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root.email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com         whatsapp number.  +2349010754824 website: https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete